Full Arch Implant Crowns and Bridges
If proper bone and tissue quantity is present in your jaws you may be a candidate
for the replacement of all your teeth with implant crowns and bridges. Replacement
of all missing teeth with fixed implant bridges generally requires six implants
in the lower jaw and six to eight implants in the upper jaw. The more teeth replaced
with dental implants the more important it is the treatment is planned and performed
by a properly trained dental implant expert. Each person is unique when it comes
to full arch implant retained prostheses and implant therapy should be adjusted
- Most natural appearance possible and great esthetics.
- Closest prosthesis to regaining appearance and function of natural teeth.
- Most expensive restorative process.
Basic process for Full Arch Implant Crown and Bridge Therapy:
A minimum of 6 implants is required to replace ones teeth up to their first molars.
It is often important to maximize the longevity of the implants and prostheses by
using more implants. Once the implants are healed fixed implant prostheses (bridges)
can be fabricated. There are several different materials that may be used to properly
restore ones mouth with implant bridges. Ideally, three separate bridges in each
arch will be needed to replace ones teeth.
- Step One:
- Examination, photos, diagnostic records, X-rays
- Planning: pretreatment diagnostic wax up, pre-treatment Conebeam CT, pre-treatment
consultation with surgeon, proper surgical guide fabrication, proper treatment plan
and sequence development
- Step Two:
- Treatment presentation and acceptance
- Step Three:
- Interim prosthesis fabrication
- On occasion it is possible to provide an interim prosthesis that is inserted and
fastened to the implants the same day the implant surgery is performed. Ask your
dentist if you are a candidate.
- Step Four
- Implant Surgical Procedures
- Removal of existing tooth
- Grafting and healing period
- Immediate implant insertion and healing
- Insertion of appropriated interim dental prosthesis
- Step Five
- Implant Bridges fabrication and insertion